Saturday, October 27, 2012

Falling leaves and winter scenes

Hello everyone, it is a cold and misty Friday over here . The leaves are falling and they cover the grass , trees and shrubs are displaying the wonderful colours of autumn , birds are singing a last song before winter comes along . I've had my garden cleaned up and the grass cut , I think for the last time this year and my cat Rocky sat there inspecting and enjoying the look ,  I couldn't resist taking a picture :


















I'm saying goodbye  to the summer ( we even didn't have one ! ) with this card , made with two inked up doilies , a 3 D flower , a stamped birdcage , some lace , a heart hanger and gold sticker corners .




 And right into autumn with this ball of acorns , something I made about 6 years ago . Actually I made three balls , different in size . I have thrown one away last week and this one is on my terrace now for decoration .















Here are some cards I 've made in the last weeks :
Inspired by the autumn colours these leaves and bird are from a 3D file and I kept it clean and simple . I used glimmer glue on the leaves but it is not very visible on the picture . I just punched the corners a bit and decorated with rhinestones . I did not use ribbon because the person I made it for , loves simple and clean .

Next are some winter cards , I really love this delicate winter painting , the berries are made in 3D , all of my 3D files are cut by hand by the way  , and the background musical paper is a paper printable I found in my backgrounds map . I just added the flowers , adhered the small beads and some snowflakes . And a little trim of lace to finish it up .


 And as I strolled through my winter 3D files ,  this beauty caught my eye . I used a die cut  I had lying around for some time and this time it fitted my image . I used some glitter glue and golden stickers to embellish my borders and corner . The white leaves around the hellebore flower with pearl are fabric and I used a little paper swirl die cut .


Now  I know one of my friends likes horses very much , so I looked through my 3D stash and came up with this card




I  really seem to be in a winter mood , whilst I have always hated winter and still do ! but I stamped a strip with blue snowflakes and curls and that was the start for my next card . I neatly cut out the all the elements with succors and used foam tape to raise some of the images , not clearly visible on the picture .I secured a gold glittery sticker line on the edge of my stamped strip and I covered the 4 sides of my card slightly with gold ink ( pad )



I hope you are all doing well where ever each of you are , have a nice weekend and take care !

Hugs , Rosa








1 comment:

  1. What BEAUTIFUL photos on this post, Rosa! First your stunning garden, then more beautiful cards! True "eye candy!" Smiles!

    ReplyDelete