Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tags , a small quiltpocket , some beautiful gifts from friends and three cards

Hello everyone, I'm  back , it took longer then I expected but I would like to share some things I made during the holidays and  also something my girlfriend made as a gift for me.

She made me a box  and embellished  it with pearls and purple flowers , the box drawers ( 4 )  are large matchboxes which she filled with tea lights and matches . And on the upper side of the box , besides  the flowers she incorporated a lovely picture of my mother and me  .



 It 's a picture taken a few months after I had my  ( failed ) back surgery  . My mother wanted to  dance with me , but I could hardly stay  on  my feet , because my back pains were killing me .(it  is taken  in the home , before  she  made a serious fall and broke her heap , Now she has to be nourished in bed constantly .Ans so now  we both can't walk anymore !


However I think Ria did a  wonderful job , all by hand , no cutting  machines ! Thank you dear friend , I will cherish this !!!   This is my mother now :


Here are some tags I made :





These tags are made from small leftovers from paper, 3d cutting files , some small stamps , a littla lace , small buttons .

And for a long time  I wanted to make a quilt block, and this is how it turned out : It is totally handsttitched from leftover fabric pieces , small beads , a button , a few small flowers with mini-brads and a charm .




 I made a tag pocket out of it .




 Finally I got a set of candles , which I embellished with a border cut paper , designer paper and golden border stickers . The gorgeous vintage  frames were also a gift of my girlfriend . She found them in a second hand store  and they are really heavy . Sorry for bad lighting , I had to use the flash .





This week I made some cards , here  are three of them :


 Made from a few scraps , embossed paper , a doilie , a stamped butterfly , white pearls, some ribbon and lace .

 The lace I used on this card's base is very old and handmade . For the bow I used ordinary lace a,d a little ribbon  and a cute button .










Then for this card I used an oval punch , I now have for two years , but  I  never could figure out how it worked, until I unexpectedly saw a tutorial on you tube this week . This rose is a 3 D cuttingfile . The drops on the leaves are given some glitter by glitterglue , but it is hard to see .





















This is it for now . I have more  cards for you next week . Till then, enjoy  the weekend ,


                                                      Crafty greetings,Rosa

No comments:

Post a Comment